Mandatory Protocols for Thermal Imaging
Thermal imaging is a heat sensitive test. Anything which creates heat should be avoided prior to testing.
Excessive metabolic activity, friction, or any of the activities listed below which will alter heat readings.
1 Month Prior:
1 Week Prior:
* Be cautious of too much sun exposure in order to avoid sunburn. Scans will have to be rescheduled if the patient has a sunburn of any sort.
48 Hours Prior:
* Men with beards should shave their face and neck, as well as backs
* Avoid all tanning and limit sun exposure.
* Last day to shave underarms.
24 Hours Prior:
Day of Exam:
4 Hours Prior:
* Avoid hot showers or shaving
* Avoid physical therapy or exercise
* No coffee, tea, soda, or other beverages containing caffeine. No alcoholic beverages.
* Do not smoke cigarettes or use any product which contains nicotine.
* Women - do not wear a bra or support of any kind for the 4 hours leading up to the exam.
2 Hours Before the exam:
* Avoid hot or cold liquids
Prior to and During Exam: